Critical thinking is the ability to think objectively and rationally. It entails the ability to engage in reflective and independent thinking. Thinking critically involves the following:
- understanding the logical connections between ideas
- identifying, constructing and evaluating arguments
- identifying inconsistencies in reasoning
- solving problems in a systemic manner
- identifying the relevance and value of ideas
- reflecting on the explanations of beliefs and values
Here there are some materials that can be used by teachers/educators when working with young learners in improving their critical thinking skills.